Last date for sending the entry for Metallographic contest is 15-10-2022
Rules & Guidelines:
Any delegate, interested in participating in this contest, should register for the conference and can send their details (as per the attached format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Metallography entries in their final display format should be brought physically by the participants and submitted at the registration desk meant for ‘Metallography Contest’ at the conference venue. Preparation details are given below.
· The micrographs may be in colour or black & white and shall be pasted on a base white sheet of size not bigger than A3 (preferably on a hard backup sheet).
· On the front side, the entry should contain an attractive caption, brief description of the micrograph (30 words maximum) &entry ID (given by the organizer), technique used, specialty of the micrograph.
· On the back side, names, affiliation details, and registration ID of the contestant/s shall be written along with a declaration that “This is contestant’s original work”.
· Entries with names on the front side are liable to be rejected.
· Micrographs submitted for the contest shall be of good quality with micron marker and based on the original work of the contestants.
· IIM would like to acquire the ‘copyright’ on award winning entries and reserves the right to publish the prize-winning entries in IIM Newsletters or and any other befitting publications.
· Organisers reserve the right to reject ‘incomplete entries’ and ‘entries not satisfying basic competition standards’.
· An entry shall be done in one of the four categories:
1. Light Microscopy (LM)
2. Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
3. Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
4. Other Microscopy Techniques (OMT)
Re-categorization will not be permitted once an entry has been submitted.
· Any registered delegate can submit a maximum of one entry per category, but not more than 3 entries in total.
· Best Metallography image awards will be presented in the concluding session of IIM ATM 2022 and all contestants may kindly note that their images will be judged.
A team of eminent judges will select the prize-winning entries based on: technical content, aesthetics (visual appeal), level of expertise in using the technique, scientific importance, merits of the entry etc.
Decision of the judges shall be final.